Saturday, July 17, 2010

UTM life ④

Ah, tones of homework I've to do but lazy me, I'm blogging now!!

Orientation Week
Not that serious. There's one week formal orientation week. Just go to listen taklimat, sleep inside Dewan Sultan Iskandar (DSI)..which is 15 minutes by foot away from my hostel (KRP: Kolej Rahman Putra). Kolej in UTM means hostel. Like Kolej Datin Sri Endon (KDSE), Kolej Tun Razak (KTR), K10, K9 etc.

And Senior Orientation
For architecture students, there's another one week orientation with seniors. Like Monday met up with all seniors, Tuesday with 2nd year and 3rd year, Thursday with 4th year and Friday with final year. I did blame why architecture is a 5 years course (means we have to see seniors so many times). But they're not that scary (as UM, Oh, please stooop ragging!), they're fucking nice and kind! (those not architecture seniors from Muar too!).

Orientation? Just introduce yourself! That's all!
Your name, where you come from, hobby or talent. Ah, the last one is most troublesome one.

My talent? You want me to say that? 

Talent 1:
Senior: What's your talent?
XC: Arh..I used to write some poems..
Senior: Wei yo wei! Tell us one of them now!

I can imagine how serious it's, they will boom me!
Talent 2: 
Senior: Talent???????
XC: I think I can draw.
Coursemates: You tau draw ke?! Pooh!

Another I-can-imagine-consequence.

Talent 3:
Senior: Your talent?
XC: Ah, I think i'm quite good in computer.
Senior: (take out their laptop) Draw a house now!

That's why I dint say i'm good in computer.

Hobby 1:
Senior: Apelah tak ada talent(if you say you dont have talent), ape hobby you?
XC: Ah, take pictures!
Seniors: (Throw their cameras to me [they got lots pro de camera] ), ambil gambar!

Oh, at last I choose this talent:
Senior: Talent you?
XC: Mudah tertidur!


And again, orientation week with seniors not that cham. They're kind! 3rd year seniors want to play us. They organised a game like snake ladder. But there's no snake and ladder, just a..game lah! If step on a *cross* box, you jiu kena denda lo. Siew poh was trying to find me out and denda with her (together), but I'm so short and thin that (dare you to say yourself thin?!)...er, so short and thin that I can.. camouflage?!

At last I run back to studio! Phew~
One of what they punished them is, use tissue to yak pi sai in front of everyone. 


Final year is abit crazy. They brought us to a room..with no light (yes, got light! but blue light!). We are requested to wear white shirt, with the dim blue light..this effect is awesome! You know, like you're wearing 会发亮的衣服!

I thought they trying to scare us, do something like ghost to what us. No, they just want us to introduce ourselves and they even prepared fried mihun for us! (with air sirap). It's just simple meal, but we can feel the sincerity of them!

They're really care us! *appreciate*

And Cyfu (if you stil remember him---appear in my previous post) says, if want to buy camera, can ask him! He knows someone who open camera shop de, offer the cheapest price for us. Wow! And he says, he doesnt take commission from that shop de. When I heard this news, PANASONIC GF 1 pop out from my mind!


If I were born rich, I want a dual screen camera (that one I've), a semi-pro camera (GF1) and a water proof camera! Hahaha..after that, if i expert enough, I wan to find a pro camera! Bwa hahaha!



Next week I not coming back again because there's a trip to Mersing (for architecture only). It's a 2 days camp. Ah, go there just to paint, take picture, paint and paint. Fees? RM50, and we've to prepare food ourselves. (so rm50 pay for what?) Perhaps materials and brush and colors. *sien*

Some architecture terms that you must know. LOL!

  1. Walkman/mp3-antisocial device that you shouldnt bring to the Mersing camp.
  2. REDO! -you've to redo, redo and still..redo your things to make it perfect. Cyfu says, redo is not *very nice* word, perhaps it should change to practice. Practice makes perfect!

Now I want to talk more about Cyfu.
With a long hair, he looks artistic. Like an artist around Europe and drawing somewhere. Ah, actually he looks like chinese right? But he hates people thought he's a chinese. He says, he looks like chinese more if he keeps long hair. His wife is a chinese and used to cut her husband's hair.

He has 5/6 children(i cant remember).
First one graduated from UTM architecture. Second one studying engineering..and the rest I cant rememeber. LOL. Noob! Smallest one just 14 years old.

He is graphic design degree holder. And got Master for Architecture. LOL. Been teaching in UTM for at least 25 years. And he talks soft like hell. Perhaps I will be like that soon. (readers: difficult lo)

Eh, shut up lah.

S-LOW
With surname Low, everything I do is slower than others. Like, even my legs longer than Lan and SD, I still walk slower than them. And with my new packs in UTM, I always tercicir!

My pack: Eh, ah low leh?! (look behind)

Hahaha! Walk slow, eat slow. People always waiting for me..but I don't care. Still eat slow.
Don't you think eat slower then not so fast get hungry?

Hostel
After I saw UM and UMP hostels, I feel like UTM is such a gooooood one!
Look: Photos from UM fren

3 peoples in a room. 3 peoples share a rak.


I think this is 3person cupboard too.


Their beds

UMP (pahang) from Guan sem:


Their beds. One small tiny table, one small cupboard!


Our bed, with shoes racks below.


Study table


Cupboard, atas boleh letak luggage lagi


Doubled than others one!

Our rooms is better! So xingfu we're!!!
I think there's nothing to blog yet. And I sudah mau makan. Sin Dee coming back from KL now. 

And to eve:
Cheng is better than Dee right?! (only some can understand!)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

『卻說不出在什麽場合我曾讓你分心。
你離開我,這是旅行的意義』

Loading...